Our students love reading!
Welcome to the Freedom Hill Library!
- There are over 15,000 books just waiting to be discovered, covering a wide variety of popular fiction and nonfiction authors and age ranges. The library is open from 9:05 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. for readers to check out and return books, as well as to work on class projects.
- Students in preschool, Head Start, ID/IDS, and K-2 visit the library weekly to connect with great books, learn library and research skills, and check out fiction and nonfiction titles related to their interests.
- Students in grades 3-6 come as a class every other week to develop research skills, nurture an excitement for literature, and check out titles of their choice.
Checking Out Books
- Kindergarten and first-grade students may check out two books. Third-sixth graders may check out four books.
- Books are checked out for two weeks. If students are not finished with a book, they may bring it in to renew it, or check it out again, as long as the book is not on hold for someone else.
- Students can get on a waiting list for books that are currently checked out to someone else using a paper form at the circulation desk or electronically using the link below. Teachers let their students know when the book they are waiting for is ready for pick up.
- Students are responsible for paying for damaged and/or lost books.